Monday, November 30, 2009

Bring It On!

Oh, wow, am I ever ready for Christmas. I have survived Thanksgiving (lovely, thank you...too many leftovers, but see below). And I am thoroughly ready for Christmas trees, and tinsel, and hot cider, and Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye in White Christmas, and the Grinch, and Alastair Sim in A Christmas Carol (1951 - the ONLY version), and wrapping paper and ribbons and mysterious packages, and, and, and...

Oh. In case anybody might possibly have missed it - I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

As my loyal readers know, I am always delighted to have Thanksgiving out of the way. And due to the fact that I may actually have enough money to handle Christmas (thank you, Wall Street 2!), I am thrilled beyond belief.

And today I was very good. I returned my library books, and I finally got into the icebox (yeah, yeah, I know, refrigerator...forget it, it's an icebox) and sorted out the leftovers because God bless the kids, they put everything away, but...um...teetering sort of tin foil covered serving bowls don't quite do it for me. So I dived in armed with plastic bags and proper icebox containers and now it's all snack/dinner ready. Yay, me.

Interesting thing. I have noticed it, but it just got reinforced...everybody who came in for Thanksgiving commented on how different the house felt without Joshua. It was as if the air had changed, somehow. I feel it, certainly, but I hadn't realized what a complete miasma he engendered. The whole house seems lighter and more comfortable (not least because before the holiday I busted my ass and cleaned up the living room, which he had left a mess, and now it looks like a living room, and not an abandoned storage space). Anyway, it's wonderful - and would you believe that since I turn lights out when I leave the house, and don't leave a TV on all night...my electricity bill was damn near a HUNDRED BUCKS cheaper this month?

Bliss...

Love, Wendy

No comments: