Saturday, December 5, 2009

Completely Discombobulated

Well, so here I am, Christmasy to the max, all ready to dive into the holiday...when I get a phone call from The Grinch..my trustee... who informs me that because time is getting short (like, we're totally out of money here), he has decided that we're going to start showing the house as of a week from Monday.

Now let's see. I have to buy presents for one daughter, one mother-in-law, three sets of in-laws, 10 nieces and nephews, and a couple of friends. I also have to host the annual lobster party on Christmas Eve, and get our usual 10-12 foot fresh tree. I also have to provide Christmas breakfast for four or five people, and Christmas dinner for six. And I have to do this on a combination of unemployment and Social Security.

And this is the point at which my trustee decides we're going to begin showing the house...meaning that somewhere in there I have to paint two bathrooms and do a hands and knees cleaning and somehow conceal from prospective buyers that I have an incontinent cat, and...you know that one woman show I'm doing after the first of the year? The director just called rehearsal on Tuesday.

Oh, and did I mention that no money seems to be forthcoming for the paint, spackle, masking tape required?

By the way, I've gotten an email from the one and only Joshua, instructing me to pick up his prescriptions from our local pharmacy and mail them.

I'm sure I can work this all out. Now, who knows a nice rest home for me to enter on January 1? Texas Beth, can I come and stay with you?

Love. Wendy

No comments: