Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Placeholder

I am in Javits Center hell, and merely reminding you of this unpalatable fact. I get up at 4:30 in the morning to get there. I will be there through Thursday. I promise to come back alive and fill you in on the whole horrible experience...suffice it to say at the moment that the Javits Center entrance, where I am stuck for another LONG two days, has no heat. None. Not a scintilla thereof. Last night I froze a bottle of water to make sure that it would keep my little lunch bag all nice and cold until lunch (and also so I wouldn't be drinking lukewarm water all day). I took the bottle out of the freezer at 5:30 am. When I left the Javits Center at 5:00 PM (yes, that's PM...11 and 1/2 hours later), there was still ice in the bottle of water.

There will be much to report...

Love, Wendy

No comments: