Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's Only 9:15!

This is deeply exciting to me, since I haven't managed to crawl into bed before midnight since last Friday. Which was fine for Saturday and Sunday, but Monday, Tuesday and today were fairly ugly since I get up at 6. I kept dozing off after lunch...a fairly easy thing to do at my current office, since my entire function is to answer the telephone six or seven times a day and copy one or two pieces of paper every now and then. Clearly, staying fully awake is not a necessity here.

And today's desk had a bonus gift - somebody had left one of the gossip magazines at it - OK or In Touch or one of those with "Can Brittany Save Herself" in great big letters all over the cover. I absolutely adore these things and I'm WAY too embarrassed (and for that matter, too broke) to buy them. If I have money for a magazine I buy Gourmet or Bon Appetit or something of that nature. (Speaking of embarrassment, in her later years my mother fell madly in love with Tater Tots, but I always had to buy them for her. She ordered her groceries over the phone, you see, and felt idiotic saying Tater Tots. Evidently this sort of thing runs in families.)

And now I am going to take my nice murder mystery and curl up in my bed and read a few pages of same and conk out with enormous delight and get a decent night's sleep. You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to this.

Snnnoooorrrrre.......

Love, Wendy

No comments: