Friday, March 5, 2010

Another Day At The Office

I am TIRED. We were signed in at the set at 9 AM, and signed out at 9 PM...which, should you be counting, is 12 long hours...almost all of which I spent A. reading the papers, B. reading Of Human Bondage, and C. doing crossword puzzles. I worked early in the day (sitting in hospital cafeteria), and in the last shot of the day (standing in hospital elevator). There were some bright spots to this interminable day, however...one, I feel that any job which actually, seriously REQUIRES me to spend all day in a bathrobe and slippers can't be all bad, and two, we were in North Bergen, NJ (I do hit the high spots, don't I?), which is Law & Order headquarters, meaning that craft services and lunch were all right in holding, not three blocks away. Of course, this also meant that I ate WAY too much. Well, I was bored, and it was right there, and they kept replenishing it...and I'm a fool for mid-afternoon fruit and cheese platters...not to mention that nice roast lamb at lunch.

And tomorrow night I'll be off to scenic Bushwick, Brooklyn for Shai's housewarming party, for which I have to pick up some sort of treat or other. However, right now I am going to sink fathoms deep into sleep.

But I'm sure you'll all be glad to know that the laundry did indeed get dry, so I didn't have to spend the day in damp nightclothes.

Love, Wendy

No comments: