Sunday, March 28, 2010

Accomplishments!

I am just so damn good I can't stand it. I have painted the downstairs bathroom, painted the kitchen cabinets and, with the necessary and more than welcome assistance of Caesar, no door to the den.

I should explain the den door. About five steps down from my living room is a small den, with wood paneled walls and bookshelves, all built in, including an entertainment area - i.e., a space for the TV. This was one of the main reasons I fell in love with the house to begin with, because my husband watched television 24 hours a day, and I hate having the damn thing on when I've got people over, much preferring conversation. So I didn't want it in the living room.

However, when Joshua took over the den, he kept annoying me about putting up a door to it. I kept saying no to this idea, because it was MY den and I didn't WANT a door on it. This, of course, meant nothing to Joshua, who went right ahead and put a door on it. This, thank God, is now gone. Unfortunately, the scars remain, and since one of them involves a large hunk out of the wall, I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it...probably just throw a coat of white paint over everything and hope for the best, which has become my standard response to just about everything around here. The place won't look perfect for potential buyers, but it'll sure look valiant as hell. Poor little old lady trying her best is what we're going for...I'm hoping for a sympathy buyer.

Nothing else of any interest is going on at all, except that I've got an overnight shoot on Boardwalk Empire next Thursday or Friday. It was supposed to be this Friday, but the kind people over there decided that making all of us background people shiver in 40 degree weather in summer costumes on the boardwalk all night wasn't a great idea, so the shoot got put back. Having no particular belief in the goodheartedness of people who are trying to make money, I have a deeply rooted suspicion that they're merely trying to save themselves from Workmen's Comp claims for pneumonia, but since I'm a beneficiary of this, who the hell cares?

And my birthday party is Wednesday (which actually happens to be my birthday)! Yay! We're going to my favorite restaurant, Tout Va Bien...a wonderful old fashioned joint with wonderful old fashioned French food. I can almost taste the escargot.

Thursday, I'm going to go downtown and get my nice half price Metrocard, which is an excellent idea, since of course, what with all this paint and whatnot to buy, I'm dead broke...and my pitiful little unemployment will be a day late because their idiot web site broke down again, damn it. I do wish they'd stop doing whatever they do to it on Sundays - this is the second time this has happened.

And tomorrow I think I'll start painting the upstairs bathroom, since I'm now really revved up. Not to mention the fact that it's going to absolutely pour rain until Tuesday, so between that and the lack of cash, I can't think of anything else to do. Go, me!

Love, Wendy

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Don't worry about gouges (that's like gorges, but with less water; or like gorgeous, but completely different) from/in the den door. If your locale is anything like ours, people just LOVE to buy your house and gut what you've lovingly cared for--or callously painted over--and those unfortunate blemishes will be yesterday's news in no time. It's a heartbreak (or a relief); gotta roll with the punches, yo.