Saturday, July 11, 2009

Help! Aliens Have Taken Over My Brain!

I got up this morning and checked my email, got the papers, read the papers (doing all the crossword puzzles that came my way), ate breakfast (a quarter of a big cantaloupe and some cottage cheese, which makes a nice light breakfast - since I'm going to a street fair and have every intention of eating a humongous sausage and pepper sandwich) and came back upstairs to recheck the email and play solitaire and generally screw around and possibly nap.

So far so good - this is a pretty good description of me on a non-work/non-audition morning. However, something came over me, and I think I'm now being controlled by creatures from the Planet of Martha Stewart.

I have two loads of laundry going - one in the washer and one in the dryer. I folded up and put away (or put on the chair for ironing) all the laundry that was on the bed. I put away all the books that were on the bed. (I have never gotten used to having a whole queen sized bed, so I continue to sleep on "my" side and use the other half for a revolving library.) Then I changed the sheets, spraying the pillows and mattress with Febreze (try this if you haven't...makes the bed lovely to get into on top of nice clean sheet smell). Then I emptied the bathroom trash and took a shower, washed my hair, and poured body lotion all over myself.

HELP! I'M BEING TAKEN OVER BY THE EVIL FORCES OF HOUSEKEEPING!

Love, Wendy

1 comment: