Friday, January 2, 2009

A Whole New Year To...

Welcome to 2009.  I think.  With the exception of the inauguration (can't wait!), it's way too early to tell.

We had a sort of a New Year's Eve party, on account of some of Sarah's pals didn't really want to go anywhere in particular...and then some of my pals turned up after midnight, and the party ended up lasting until the next day.  Without me.  I went to bed around 2:30 or so, because I'm a grownup intelligent human being...who was blitzed out of her skull.

I have absolutely nothing else to report because it's cold out and I have confined my interesting activities to lying around in bed alternately reading and dozing and every now and then venturing into the kitchen to eat something.  Every now and then I run into Joshua in the kitchen.  On New Year's Day, he was eating breakfast and "entertaining" me (for which read putting me to sleep) with conversation about how he was watching his cholesterol.  At the time, he was eating - I swear to God - four scrambled eggs and an ENTIRE PACKAGE of pork sausage.  Eight sausages and four scrambled eggs.  Have I missed some new breakthrough in cholesterol control?  Probably not - let us remember that this is a man who solemnly informed me that steak is fat-free. 

And while I'm on the subject - he really should be prevented from ever going near a kitchen.  Aside from the breakages, he has no clue whatsoever.  I made myself some French toast today (it was lovely, thank you) and he decided that he could probably make some for himself some time using his gluten-free bread.  He said, "Now you make some scrambled eggs, right, and I'd toast the bread first..."  Please God don't let him try this until he gets to Thailand, because I tend to be a little fragile early in the morning, and if I ever saw this going on, I'd have to go back to bed for a week.

Back to my lovely toasty electric-blanketed bed (I love you, Sarah, even if I don't get up again until spring).

Happy New Year and all...

Love, Wendy

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You act like I'm not going to get in there with you. Even lying on top is amazing. I should get myself a damn electric blanket!