Friday, May 30, 2008

Further Update

I was just reading back to see where I left off when the clouds of broke washed over me, and I discovered that I haven't brought everyone up to date regarding Mel and Rebecca and the trip to Arizona.

Well, a couple of weeks back I was blown awake at about midnight by Joshua screaming at the top of his lungs. I stayed firmly in bed, because whatever the hell it was, I sure wasn't going to leap into it.

Turns out that Joshua elected to throw the girls out - at midnight. By screaming at them. I don't understand this one at all.

First of all, I will admit that the house was beginning to feel a bit crowded, but it would NOT have occurred to me to go any further than gently asking precisely WHEN they planned to leave for Arizona (which I did). Secondly, had I been going to insist that they leave, it also wouldn't have occurred to me to insist that they leave immediately - at midnight.

Well, according to Joshua, he only lost his temper because Mel was screaming at him. Evidently, he feels that because he's deaf and loud, everybody else is too - since I was listening to all this, and poor old Mel never raised her voice. Joshua also says that she got very melodramatic and yelled at him that he was throwing them out to go sleep at Penn Station - and aside from the fact that Mel being melodramatic is about as far from reality as anything I've ever heard in my life, what I heard Mel say was something on the lines of, "Let's all calm down and discuss this in the morning." But then again, I've never felt that my cousin had ANY kind of grip on reality.

So now, all their stuff - including their mail, which looks very much like it includes credit cards - is still here, and what the hell they're doing for clean underwear I cannot imagine.

Joshua insists that he's called them...we'll see.

More to come, I guess...watch this space!

Love, Wendy

No comments: