Sunday, February 28, 2010

The End Of The World Is At Hand

I have finally come to the conclusion that I seem to be one of the few people living in the real world. Evidently, almost everyone else is living in some sort of alternate universe, because how else would you explain this? I clicked on 1010Wins, which I usually find a reliable source for NYC news of the quick variety (I basically get up and read newspapers every morning for substantive stuff...the NYTimes to find out what's going on in the world, the NY Daily News to find out what's going on in New York, and the NY Post to find out who was sleeping with whom when all of it happened...this gives me quite a well-rounded view), and I found the following headline:

Ice, Glass Fall Into Sony Bldg., Jersey Shore Cast OK

Jersey Shore Cast OK? Is this what we've come to, people, when all of our concern is about the Jersey Shore cast? Good GOD. And besides that, I can't see what possible danger could have come to them, what with those hairdos. How could falling glass even penetrate all that hair spray, for heaven's sake?

Meanwhile, I am cleaning out a closet. I realize that this would take some people a couple of hours, but I have deeply mysterious, many layered closets. This particular one, for instance, has so far yielded up:

A pile of Joshua's old suits, which went out with the garbage
A large box of miscellaneous animal VCR tapes, ditto (National Geographic stuff, bought for Sarah when she was little - I wouldn't want you to get the wrong idea)
Two huge garbage bags of Sarah's old stuffed animals, out to the garbage
Two fishing rods
A camping lantern (Matthew's notion of disaster preparedness)
A rope ladder (more disaster stuff)
A very expensive full length black leather trenchcoat of Joshua's that I found balled up on the floor of the closet (the thing must have cost a thousand bucks...I don't know WHAT to do about it)

And would you believe I haven't yet hit the floor of the closet? I'm getting slightly frightened.

Ah, but tomorrow is a gorgeous day! Admittedly there's a slight transportation problem, but I'm going out to be fitted for my new spring costume for BOARDWALK EMPIRE again! YAHOO! Unfortunately, they evidently splashed out on the pilot episode and are cutting back, and therefore I have to make my own way out to a place near the Brooklyn Navy Yard, which is about a hundred miles from anywhere in the world. Bus, then subway, then bus...God help me. For the pilot, they provided transport out there. Growl. Shooting March 9th. YAY!

Meanwhile, weird things are going on with my play...but that's another story. Tomorrow...or probably the next day, since I still have to find the floor of that damn closet.

Love, Wendy

2 comments:

SaintTigerlily said...

Make a cat woman costume out of the leather trench. For serious.

Anonymous said...

During one of my closet cleaning frenzies, I found a litter of kittens and a sizable check. Keep digging!
Texas Beth