Saturday, July 9, 2011

A True Meeting of Minds

Well, I had the best damn Thursday, all due to Jane Schott, whose comments you can read here, and don't forget to check out her blog, which you can find under Things I Love on my blog page...Empress of the Eye.

We met for lunch, and I then dragged the poor gal off to meet my kid, and we just had the most fun! Now Texas Beth, when are you coming into New York? And Carolyn, you get in here too, because you would logically be staying with me, and your advent may be the only damn way to get Sarah's crud out of the apartment.

Other than my lovely Thursday afternoon, absolutely nothing has been happening. I am actually doing something about the house, but veeerrrryyyy slowly. Books are getting shelved, floors are getting washed, laundry has been done...and ALL the ironing is done AND the stove is clean. I consider these last two items enormous accomplishments, particularly the stove (I'm still picking Brillo bristles out of my hands).

Now I am going to finally FINISH the damn kitchen...which is a matter of about four square feet of floor to wash and the table to move. And I've been putting it off for days now, so it's really time. AND I've sternly informed myself that I can't go downstairs for another cigarette until it's done. So there.

Love, Wendy

1 comment:

Jane Kilpatrick Schott said...

What a terrific adventure! Wendy, I just knew that we would have lots to talk about when we finally did meet and I really enjoyed our afternoon.
You are the preeminent New Yorker and seeing you in your natural habitat was delightful. Meeting your daughter and star fucking Miss McFaddin was just the best!
I love meeting bloggers I have followed.