Friday, August 10, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Never let it be said that I cannot use a cliche with the best of them, but really, this rain is annoying.  I yield to no one in my adoration of most rain...thunderstorms are one of my favorite things in the world, as we all know...but I happen to have about a million things to do today in various corners of the city, and for once, I could do without it. 

My list for the day incudes a stop at the pharmacy to pick up a prescription.  That's the 14D bus to the M8 bus all the way crosstown.  Then I need to get a birthday present for a 2 year old friend of mine, which is the M8 bus back across town to 2nd Avenue.  Then I really want to get over to the grocery store, which is a three block walk over to 4th Street because they have cantaloupe on sale at 2 for 3 bucks, and in this heat, I find myself madly craving fruit.  Also I need kitty litter, because every time I go to the john, the litter box sidles over to me and starts yanking on my pants leg, saying, "Clean me!  Please!"  Also at some point I've got to do something about the ironing because if I have to go somewhere where they expect me to look halfway like a normal adult human being, I got nothin'.  All my pants and skirts need ironing.  (Yes, I KNOW I'm probably the last person in the world who irons.  I don't care.  Bad enough to look like an old tired broad...I don't need to look ike a SLOPPY old tired broad.)  And I'd like to finish up the cleaning and reorganizing I've been doing in the kitchen, because it's almost there.  So, a big day.

Last Friday was just lovely on the Boardwalk.  It was another one of those weird shoots in terms of hours...van at 6:15 pm, then into costume and makeup and hair, then, for some strange reason, an extremely truncated meal, not like our usual bountiful spreads at ALL.  Just some chicken, some fish, and some rice and a vegetable.  Good food, you understand...just very little choice.  Luckily, I'll eat anything that won't eat me first, so no problem.  Odd, though.  I guess it's because this was really just a fill-in shot, since we're at the end of the shooting season now.  Meanwhile, of COURSE we were in winter clothes, and of COURSE we were dying of the heat.  Ugh.  We finished up around 2 am...I got home around 3 and dove immediately into an ice cold beer.

The reason I want/need to get a lot done today is that I'm off on a marathon tomorrow.  The parents of the aforementioned 2 year are throwing him a birthday party tomorrow, which also happens to be Sarah's birthday.  So it's going to be a LONG day...the baby party from 3 to 7, and then barhopping with Sarah...followed immediately by a car service home.  And I can foresee that this will wipe out Sunday altogether, as I try valiantly to recover.

Ah ha!  It looks like it might be clearing up a bit!  Wish me luck...

Love, Wendy

No comments: